Balloon Chic Jukebox 02: Disney Wonderland
Welcome to the second installation of our Jukebox series everybody! We loved creating our first playlist, (which also marked the launch of our blog *hurray*), so we decided to keep it up and assemble a new one for you every month. Please go ahead and share ideas about themes or topics you would like to see covered in future posts in the comments down below, or even just to say hi! Without further ado, here is this month's Jukebox topic.
Disney movies. Enough said. Its perhaps strange to include these all time favorite films into the blog from a soundtrack perspective first, rather than discussing the movies themselves, but the music is so good we just can't help ourselves. I distinctly remember (me being the anonymous somebody who talks to you through this platform once every couple of weeks) adding "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas into my iPod during my final year of high school to calm my pre-final exam nerves, and thinking I must be the strangest 18 year old alive, going all mushy and goose bump-ridden every time the first note hit. There's something strangely empowering yet beautifully nostalgic about these tracks. They're insanely fun to sing along to, they transport us back to carefree times when the world seemed immense in our eyes and everything in it possible, and they instill in us the need to share these emotions with the little beans we each have in our lives, whether they be our children, our nephews and nieces, our younger siblings. They speak of respect, acceptance, love and bravery, all of them values that are worth reminding ourselves of, every opportunity we can get. We may be a little older now, and the world may be smaller than we once thought it, but it can still be a wondrous place. Enjoy!
All our love, the Balloon Chic team x
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLnqOvGuMs (Colors of the Wind - From Pocahontas, Music by Alan Menken, Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPdSZRMrnA0 (He Lives in You - From Lion King, Music by Mark Mancina and Jay Rifkin)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb5keTpC4WU (Two Worlds - From Tarzan, Vocals by Phil Collins, Music by Mark Mancina)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0lG8YorBsU (My Reflection - From Mulan, Vocals by Lea Salonga, Music by Matthew Wilder and David Zippel
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXKlJuO07eM (Part of Your World - From The Little Mermaid, Vocals by René Auberjonois, Music by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken,